Friday, November 21, 2008

Los Taborette's


Click on the images to make it larger. 

This is an upside down view of one of my new ones.


This is a regular shot of one of my latest. Built this grey colored one earlier in the month.
This is a brown colored one I built late last month.

The post on October 24th has a picture of the taborette my grandfather found on the railroad tracks in the early 1900's when he worked for the AT&SF (Santa Fe) Railroad. These two here are patterned after that one. Not a replica but a reasonable facsimile in my book. These here are built out of a 2x12 shaped into an octagon for the seat, 2x4's for the legs and wrapped around a 4x4.

They seem a bit sturdier and can serve as a stool to sit on, a plant holder or something similar. Like I wrote in my other post on taborette's, the family seems to like them because my grandfather had one. The ones I have made are in Colorado, New Mexico, Minnesota and soon in Montana.

By now you probably know more about taborettes than you ever wanted to know.


No comments: