Monday, April 13, 2009

We were all Roman Catholics.




Not any more. The change in New Mexico started as soon as the American Occupation. But it has speeded up, and I think that the WWII was a watershed event as far as New Mexico Hisapanos and religion goes. And it is no different in the family.

From my perspective it is caused by marriage, divorce and/or remarriage. The Catholic Church is very strict and other churches allow a member to divorce and remarry as much as they want. And some folks marry outside of the religion and there goes the Catholic Church.

I left the Church when I married and did not raise my family as a Christian, much less a Catholic.

Now I think that my family has a member in about every Christian sect there is, and they either married into them or divorced into them..

No comments: