Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Looking for someone special in San Miguel County, New Mexico? North or South Isidro , San Jose, San Juan, San Miguel del Bado, Rowe, etc.?



I may have it... I May not, but I do have a lot of names in my files (15,000 plus) and the majority are from the San Miguel County in the period 1800 - 1950 or so. If you are looking for someone in particular just ask, I will see what I have.

Names include, but are not limited to, Archuleta, Benavidez, Ortiz, Tapia, Gutierrez, Ortega, Garcia. Am willing to help if you have the patience to wait a bit. Genealogy is a hobby for the most part, not doing it full time. We have been doing it for over 10 years so our boxes of information are many.

So give me a name by posting a response to the weblog and give me something to go on. Jose and Maria are very, very common names. Seems like every ones first name was either Jose or Maria, so a first name other than that.

The weblog has averaged between 50 and about 90 visitors a day in the last year, with most of them being from the United States. The few forigners visiting bump into it by searching and the rest by word of mouth. I have not advertised the URL as the material here is of limited interest to most.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. My name is Charles Tapia. I live in Tracy, ca. Looks like we may share great grandparents. Nicolas Tapia and Maria Lauriana Ulibarri. I do not have Nicolas's parents names do you. Your site is great and I hope to hear from you soon.

New Mexican said...

Charlie, I have Nicolas's parents listed as Diego Antonio Tapia and Maria Apolanaria Gallegos. His grandparents were Salvador Tapia and Manuela Brito.

Maria Apolanaria's parents (Nicolas' maternal grandparents)were Jose Toribio Gallegos and Maria Bernarda Baca.

There ia a lot of information on this family at the site below. Cut and paste the site address on your browser.

http://www.hgrc-nm.org/surnames/GNMPD.html/d0048/g0004875.html#I20049

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for the information. Take care.

Michael Young said...

I am looking for any information on Nicolas Aragon. He was tried for the murder of two deputies near Chaperito. He was sent to prison and later released. Any info would be appreciated.
Thank you
Michael Young
flyfisher1304@aol.com

New Mexican said...

Michael, I have nothing on Nicolas Aragon, sorry. I see where you have been looking for a while. Sorry I cannot help

Anonymous said...

Hi, would You email me, I have Family from San Miguel County and would appreciate Your assistance. Thank You............
jmoya58@yahoo.com